Friday, October 9, 2009

Journal 3 - Week of the 28th


I quite enjoyed Peter's lecture. I think it was the best yet.

The friday of this week my band performed at Lucky bar in downtown Victoria. It was the first gig we've had since we got back this school year, and it went quite well. Our musicianship was at a new level, our energy was high and there was a solid crowd in front of us. After this gig, perhaps the morning after, I asked myself why things seemed to go so well. We played better than we ever have before.

I believe it is because of two main factors:

1. We have been rehearsing 2-3 times a week, which is more than we rehearsed last year.

2. More importantly, the members of the band have all grown a little older and a little wiser, and I feel I'm starting to hear this in the band's sound.

It brings into focus the amount of rehearsal and maturing it takes to "make it" in the music business. Being a professional artist is not easy. It takes 10,000 hours of rehearsal and motivation to never give up. But then again, isn't this a requirement of being great at anything?

Check out my bands mypsace!!!
http://www.myspace.com/thenovamatics

No comments:

Post a Comment